Monday, April 25, 2011

Letters to the District President involving ULC

Upon hearing that ULC might be sold by the MN-S district, I wrote this letter:
From: Rev. George F. Borghardt III
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:08 PM
To: Lane Seitz
Cc: Peter Meier
Subject: Save ULC

I have attended the chapel and the wonderful worship services there multiple times.  Please do not sell their campus property.  This is a thriving and vibrant place where kids are receiving the Word and Sacraments.

Why start a new plan when you have a perfectly working one at ULC?
I got this response.  I left the right Reverent Peter Meier's email address so you can email too!
From: Peter Meier <Peter.Meier@MNSDISTRICT.ORG>
Date: April 21, 2011 12:40:42 PM CDT
To: "Rev. George F. Borghardt III"
Subject: RE: Save ULC
Thank you for your e-mail. Please be assured that I have read and will share your concerns.  In invite you to go to the web address below for a memorandum from the District regarding this matter.  Additional pertinent documents are posted on the District website, including the Campus Ministry Task Force Proposal and the Executive Summary.  Please do not reply to this message as individual inquiries will not be addressed.

Rev. Peter A. Meier  
Assistant to the President for Missions, Minnesota South District, LCMS
Then this came today (April 25, 2011)...  I left his email address too so you can email him and get this email too!  Have you ever emailed a DP?  Why not start today!
I want to acknowledge that I have received your recent email regarding a report by our Campus Ministry Planning Task Force.  If your communication was addressed to our District Board of Directors, please be assured that it will be shared with the members of the Board. 
In the interest of doing things "decently and in good order," I believe that this matter first needs to be considered by our Board of Directors.  Since the Board has not had the opportunity to hear directly from the Task Force or consider its proposal, I do not believe that it is appropriate for me to respond to the specific content of your email at this time.
Because misinformation is being disseminated regarding campus ministry in the Minnesota South District, I encourage you to go to the web address below for a memorandum from the District regarding this matter.  Additional pertinent documents are posted on the District website, including the Campus Ministry Task Force Proposal and the Executive Summary. 
Please do not reply to this message as individual inquiries will not be addressed.




Rev. Dr. Lane R. Seitz, President
Minnesota South District
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
14301 Grand Avenue South
Burnsville, MN  55306
Phone: (952) 435-2550, ext. 2150
Direct Line: (952) 223-2150
Fax: (952) 435-2581
Website: http://mns.lcms.org





1 comment:

  1. I am certainly glad that my DP will answer me, every time I write to him. His answers are always to the point and address my concerns. I have never received something that would state such as "do not reply to this message as individual inquiries will not be addressed."

    Certainly a man who is elected to serve the people of MN would desire to be in communication with those same people and not cut off communication. One wonders what is not being stated???

    ReplyDelete